Christie Matrix StIM WQ
800 ANSI Lumen 1DLP WQXGA LED Illuminated Simulation Projector
World's Brightest, Solid State WQXGA Simulation Projection System
The Christie Matrix StIM WQ is a scalable environment LED projection system that is engineered to address the requirements of today's most demanding simulation and training applications.
The Christie Matrix StIM WQ takes solid state projection for the simulation and training industry to the next level. With high brightness, WQXGA resolution, real-time balancing of color and brightness levels, and advanced smear reduction technology, the Christie Matrix StIM WQ LED illuminated projector provides the most true-to-life image quality in the simulation industry.
Designed with Christie expertise, this simulation projection system has a fully ruggedized chassis for motion platform use. And, it’s designed with solid state illumination – there are no consumables for a virtually maintenance-free system.
Engineered specifically for simulation and training
Christie Matrix StIM WQ is a fully integrated projection system designed to address the requirements of today’s most demanding simulation and training applications. Simulation-specific features include:
- Christie AutoCal – an easy-to-use system that allows users to automatically re-calibrate both geometry and blending with unequalled accuracy
- Christie ArrayLOC– for real-time balancing of color and brightness levels
- Christie AccuFrame – smear reduction technology to accurately display high speed simulation content. On the Christie Matrix StIM WQ, AccuFrame is fully adjustable in 1% increments allowing system designers to maximize dynamic image quality over a range of frame rates and training scenarios for the most realistic displays.
- Christie InfraScene for true-to-life NVG stimulation. The unique, dual input architecture of the Christie Matrix StIM WQ makes it the only WQXGA simulation projection system available today that displays separate channels for visible light and infrared spectrum. Using Christie InfraScene, it accurately depicts day and night scenes and independent stimulated NVG images, enabling realistic and relevant training for difficult conditions of limited visibility and night time operations. It also offers new capability, allowing users to control and optimize the separate visible and IR scenes, providing the flexibility to tailor and optimize the system to meet specific training requirements.
Another advantage of the Christie Matrix StIM WQ’s dual input architecture is the ability to composite the two 60Hz RGB inputs to deliver true 120Hz RGB operation. This results in dramatically improved image quality without image artifacts or perceived loss of brightness, all while maintaining compatibility with current Image Generator technology, and without the need to make changes to the visual database.
Christie Matrix StIM WQ offers you peace of mind
Built on an inherently stable long-life platform that doesn’t fade over time, Christie Matrix StiM WQ is a lamp-less illumination system that offers unprecedented stability and reliability at an extremely low sustainment cost that translates to a low total cost of ownership.
Designed for 24/7 operation, the Christie Matrix StIM WQ provides years of continuous operation with no consumables and it’s virtually maintenance-free.
- Solid state technology with single DMD – provides unmatched picture reliability, filter-free design and no color wheel for high reliability
- Unique dual input architecture – enables realistic stimulation of NVGs through Christie InfraScene and true 120Hz output for the highest dynamic image quality
- Integrated, extraordinarily fast LED illumination with a lifetime greater than 50,000 hours to 50% output
- No consumables – no lamps for longer life, longer reliability and lower cost of ownership than traditional lamped projectors
- Unlimited mounting options – removes restrictions of a lamp for any orientation mounting
- Ruggedized motion platform kit – to withstand 5g shock load
- Increased color gamut – for more dynamic and realistic rendering of the training environment
Developed using our extensive experience with dynamic content, Christie MotoBlend provides motorized optical blending to ensure seamless blends, optimized for night training applications.
Christie AccuFrame enables you to reduce perceptible image smearing due to image retention and eye motion. Fully adjustable to support various frame rates and training environments, all Matrix Series projectors come standard with Christie AccuFrame to accurately display dynamic simulation content for the most true-to-life imagery.
Christie ArrayLOC manages the brightness and color levels of all Matrix solid-state projectors within an array to a common level, in real-time and with no additional latency. Synchronized color and brightness level balancing self-adjusts, reducing the time, labor and costs associated with maintaining a simulation display.
Christie AutoCal calibrates any arrayed projection display, from flat to cylindrical to spherical, and adjusts it to its optimized viewing configuration. With automated image display adjustment capabilities at your fingertips, a stabilized, consistent display with reduced system maintenance and downtime will help you increase productivity.
An easy-to-use option to manage arrayed projectors, Christie Twist allows pixels to be mapped to any projection surface with proper geometry and accurate pixel-to-pixel alignment. Christie Twist provides the high-quality warping and blending required for arrayed projectors to operate as a single, uniform display with maximum image quality and minimum system latency.
Christie Twist offers high-quality warping and blending for exact geometric mapping regardless of the shape or surface.
Minimum Processing Latency
With Minimum Processing Latency (MPL), there is less than a single frame of latency between projector input and display. The result is the realistic, realtime performance needed to simulate highly-dynamic environments.
Maximizing Image Quality for Real-World Simulation Content
The Matrix StIM, Matrix StIM WQ and Matrix J Series projectors use their unique, dual-input architecture to provide the ability to composite the two 60Hz RGB inputs to deliver true 120Hz RGB operation. This results in dramatically improved dynamic image quality and resolution without image artifacts or perceived loss of brightness, while maintaining compatibility with current Image Generator technology and without having to change the visual database.
Designed for Simulation Motion Environments
All Christie Matrix Series projection systems are built to order and can be supplied with a fully ruggedized chassis to withstand the shock loads associated with motion platform use for extreme system stability.
|Christie Matrix StIM WQ (130-002103-01)|
|Brightness||800 ANSI lumens|
|Uniformity||95% brightness and color uniformity after electronic adjustment|
|Type||Revolutionary solid state projector using a single TI Darkchip 3 DMD with a solid state illumination engine (no color wheel) and sealed optics|
|Native Resolution||2560 x 1600 WQXGA|
|Output Frame Rate||60Hz or 120Hz|
|Signals Format||2560 x 1600 WQXGA (VESA RB)|
|Input Frame Rate||60Hz with single input or 2 x 60Hz with dual input|
|Inputs/Outputs, Control and Networking|
|ArrayLOC||Manages the brightness and color levels of all projectors within an array to a common level, in real-time with no additional latency|
|Zoom||1.28-1.71:1 zoom, optimized for IR and visible light|
|Enhanced Feature Sets||
|Operating Voltage||100-240 VAC 50/60Hz|
|Operating Current||10A max (lower in normal operational modes)|
|Dissipation||2316 BTU/hr max (lower in normal operational modes)|
|Size (LxWxH)||16 x 15.75 x 15.75 " (406 x 400 x 400mm) (without lens)|
|Weight||88lbs (40kg) (without lens)|
|Shipping Weight||176lbs (80kg) (without lens)|
|Orientation||Portrait and landscape|
1 Each offset is specified with the other at zero. Simultaneous horizontal and vertical offsets may limit the adjustment range of each.
2 StIM WQ and SIM WQ are both available with a Ruggedized Motion Platform kit. These are purpose built to interface with customers' motion platform structures and available on a build-to-order basis. For details, please contact your Christie sales representative.
3 For details, please contact your Christie sales representative.